This rich, creamy vegan pudding tastes just like tiramisu. It only takes seven simple ingredients to make it! Friends, this is the stuff of dessert dreams! This dessert is inspired by tiramisu and features a cashew pudding with coffee infused on top.
This is a delicious, easy, no-bake dessert that’s perfect for summer, holidays, and more. Bonus? This project is easy to put together, requiring only 20 hours of preparation time. We’ll show you exactly how to do it!
you might have noticed that we are all about simplicity at MB. All of our recipes only require ten ingredients, one bowl, or 30 minutes to prepare. There are some delicious desserts, like tiramisu, that may be difficult to fit into those parameters.
We put our heads together to create a recipe that would satisfy our tiramisu cravings without any effort. The result was even better than what we could have imagined. Prepare your spoons!
Tiramisu is a delicious dessert that you can make at home.
The tiramisu inspires this dessert. It starts with soaking the cashews, which softens them and creates a milder flavor.
The cashews are then blended with maple syrup and coconut milk to give it a rich, natural sweetness. The pudding is infused with a tiramisu flavor thanks to the vanilla extract, sea salt, and coffee!
This will produce a rich and creamy pudding with coffee flavor. Place in the fridge to chill.
Make the chocolate ganache. Pour the warm coconut milk on top of the chopped dark chocolate and let it melt. Then, whisk it until smooth. Spread the ganache over the pudding and chill again. This dessert is ready to be eaten once the ganache has reached a semi-firm consistency.
COFFEE STRONG BREWED
- We used Mount Hagen.
- Hot water 1 Tbsp
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Cans of coconut milk with full fat, 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Step 2: 1 Tbsp of strong brewed coffee
- Sea salt, one pinch
- 1/3 cup finely chopped vegan dark chocolate (we like Trader Joe’s 72% dark chocolate bar // or vegan dark chocolate chips)
- Cans of coconut milk full-fat, 1/3 cup
- CASHEWS – Add the cashews into a heatproof bowl and cover them with hot water at least by 1-2 inches. Soak the cashews for 20-30 min.
- COFFEE: Prepare the super-strong coffee in the meantime by adding instant coffee to hot water and stirring until it dissolves.
- Drain the cashews and throw away the soaking water once they are finished soaking.
- Pour the pudding, pour the coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla into a high-speed blender. Add the cashews that have been soaked and drained and the other ingredients (strong brewed coffee and salt). Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more coconut milk, 1 Tbsp (15ml), at a time to help blend (we didn’t). But don’t add too much – you want your pudding thick.
- Divide the pudding among serving glasses. (Small, wide dessert glasses are ideal — they’re like). We like to add 3-4 tbsp of sugar per glass. It’s rich! Put in the fridge to chill.
- Add the finely chopped chocolate to a large mixing bowl. Add coconut milk to a glass bowl and heat it in the microwave (or on the stovetop) until hot but not boiling. Pour the coconut cream directly on top of the chocolate. Don’t stir. Cover the chocolate with aluminum foil or a lid to help it melt. Cover the chocolate and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, uncover and whisk together. The mixture must be completely melted and smooth. If not, microwave it in increments of 20-30 seconds until completely smooth, and there are no chunks left. Set your glass or ceramic bowl over a double boiler on the stovetop.
- Remove the pudding glasses and spread a thin layer (we prefer 1 Tbsp of ganache per glass) with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the pudding to the fridge for 45 minutes or until it is completely chilled. The ganache should be semi-firm. Set it in the freezer to cool quickly. You can make the dish even more beautiful by adding cocoa to a fine mesh sieve and gently shaking it over the words.
- For the best texture and flavor, enjoy chilled! Cover leftovers and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days.