Waffles with fresh peaches, peach preserves cri, sp bacon, and ooey-gooey melted Brie, all made in the waffle iron! SO EASY!!
The person who came up with the idea of bacon-grilled cheddar was clearly a genius.
No, I didn’t invent bacon grilled cheese. I wish I had. No.
We can still add more things to this list. You can add things like fresh peach slices in the summer, peach preserves, and Brie.
You can now use any cheese that you like – fontina or mozzarella, for example. The Brie is melting here, and it makes everything come together smoothly.
It’s not the truth. I like Brie, and honey drizzled on top.
But I promise. This combination is great! You can also use your waffle maker to make a grilled cheese that is mess-free. Win-win, guys.
- Eight slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- Two peaches thinly sliced
- Brie cheese, 4 ounces, thinly sliced
- At room temperature, four tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Eight pieces of whole-wheat bread
- Honey, 1 Tablespoon
- Preheat a waffle maker to medium heat. Waffle irons can be lightly oiled on the bottom and top or coated with nonstick spray.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 6-8 minutes until crispy and brown. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and set it aside.
- Spread butter with a butter knife on the buttered side of each bread slice. Spread butter-side down on four slices of bread. Divide the bacon, brie cheese, and peaches evenly between all of the pieces. Add the remaining portions, butter side up.
- Place the sandwiches into the waffle iron. Close gently, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- If desired, serve immediately with honey drizzled on top.