This strawberry cake is magic. After one bite, it brought us back to our childhood birthdays when we ate hot pink cake. Each bite is a mouth-watering explosion of strawberry flavor and freshness. Rainbows, unicorns, and happiness all on one plate. Whoa.
You’ll also be in bliss if you top it with our vegan strawberry buttercream frosting, which is infused with real ripe berries. What’s the best part? The best part? It’s easy to make and undetectably vegetarian. We’ll show you how to make it!
Strawberry Cake Recipe
Fresh strawberries are used to infuse the cake with strawberry flavor and celebrate the harvest season.
The puree is then mixed with organic cane sugar to add sweetness and vanilla extract to give it a subtle vanilla taste. Coconut sugar or another granulated sugar could also be used, but cane sugar is more effective at retaining the color of the cake.
We used our gluten-free flour mix consisting of cornstarch, potato starch, and almond flour. This combination produces a light, fluffy texture that is ideal for cupcakes and cakes. You can find it in our Vanilla Cake, Coffee Cake, and Vanilla Cupcakes.
Baking powder is used to leaven the dough, and sea salt adds flavor. Once it’s mixed, you can bake!
Use two round cake pans to make the prettiest 2-layer cake. It’s perfect for lathering in our vegan strawberry frosting.
- One cup of strawberry puree (1-1/2 cups or 200g of fresh, halved strawberries according to the recipe // blend until smooth and organic when possible.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or other neutral oil
- You can also use natural sweeteners, but we have not tested them yet.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour*
- 3/4 cup potato starch* (not potato flour)
- We haven’t tried arrowroot yet, but you can use 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of sea salt
- Vegan Strawberry Frosting
- Vegan Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 F. (176 C). Line a baking dish with parchment paper. This recipe makes one 8×8-inch square, one nine-inch circle,e or two six-inch rounds.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract, oi,l, and strawberry puree to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Mix the almond flour with the potato starch, cornstarch, and baking powder. Make sure there are no lumps. The texture should be thick, like cornbread batter.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish and spread it evenly. Bake on the middle rack for 25-30 min or until the toothpick inserted into the center is clean. The cake’s center should feel fir but still springy to the touch. Its edges should also be slightly golden.
- Allow your cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before carefully removing it onto a cooling rack.
- After your cake has cooled completely, you can decorate it with vegan strawberry frosting or vanilla frosting. You can also use chocolate Ganache.
- The best time to enjoy the product is on the first day. However, it will last at room temperature, covered for up to three days. Freeze for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature.