Sliders loaded with salmon baked in the oven and crispy bacon smothered with spicy chipotle sauce.
All my life, I have been a big fan of BLT sandwiches. I can still remember going to the deli across the street from my elementary, sitting behind the counters, and watching him make the sandwich. He would always have a stash of crisp bacon in a hidden place and bring it out when he was making sandwiches. I would have thought about stealing the tray with what seemed to be an endless amount of bacon, but I couldn’t go back to his store for those awesome BLT sandwiches.
BLTs are great by themselves, but imagine adding some freshly baked salmon and a generous spread of chipotle Mayo. You’ve got something 100 more delicious. Jason and I both loved it so much that I made this two times in 2 weeks. We added extra bacon and pickled jalapenos the second time, which made it perfect. If space allows, I will make them again and add avocado and a fried yolk if there is room.
Add Mayo to a bowl and add adobo. Stir well. Okay, I lied. It’s super easy, super simple, but oh-so-freaking-tasty. This is so good I would put it on anything.
Put a liberal amount on your slider buns. You won’t be sorry.
- Salmon filets weighing 1 pound
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Two slices of bacon, cut in thirds
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Two tablespoons of chipotle in adobo Sauce
- Four slider buns split and toasted for serving
- Spring Mix, 2 Cups
- Two Roma tomatoes thinly sliced for serving
- Preheat oven on broiler. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice the salmon into squares that will fit in slider buns. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place salmon fillets on a prepared baking dish. Broil until pink (about 5 minutes). Flip gently and broil the fish until it flakes easily with a knife, approximately 5 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 6-8 minutes until it is crispy and brown. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Whisk together the Mayonnaise with the chipotle in a small bowl.
- Serve salmon with spring mix, bacon, tomatoes, and chipotle Mayonnaise on rolls.