You can make your favorite grilled cheese at home without sacrificing the lobster meat. It’s easy and cheap!
You can’t just have one kind of cheese.
Two are required.
You can have up to three. Or even four.
Let’s not make it difficult for anyone.
If you’re concerned about the lobster, then don’t worry.
It’s not necessary to buy an entire lobster in order to cook it at home.
In their seafood section, most local supermarkets sell lobster meat that has already been cooked.
Call ahead to confirm before you go.
You can do this at home.
You can make waffles in your waffle iron.
You know me.
Then, stuff as much lobster in as possible.
Lobster skimping isn’t allowed.
- Eight slices of sourdough –
- 1 pound cooked, chopped lobster meat
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda Cheese
- Chop 2 tablespoons of fresh chives
For the SAUCE
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Two tablespoons of minced chipotle in adobo Sauce
- One tablespoon of lime juice
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat a waffle maker to medium heat. Waffle irons can be lightly oiled on the bottom and top or coated with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise with the chipotle, lime juice, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the bread slices in batches into the waffle maker. Add remaining bread slices, lobster meat, cheese, and mayonnaise mixture.
- Close gently and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with chives if you wish.