This strawberry frosting is for you if you love strawberries! This frosting is made with vegan butter, organic powdered sweetener, and ripe strawberries. It’s the perfect combination of sweetness, flavor, and texture!
This recipe was created specifically for a gluten-free, vegan strawberry cake. The results were amazing! To preserve the vibrant flavor of fresh strawberries, we chose to use them instead of dried or cooked ones. It’s like summer on a spoon. Plus, only three ingredients are needed, just one bowl and just 15 minutes. We’ll show you exactly how to do it!
Strawberry Frosting – How to make it?
Fresh, vibrant strawberries are the base of this recipe, as they contain antioxidants and vitamin C. The strawberries are blended into a purée and whipped up with vegan butter.
We add powdered white sugar as a final step to ensure that the frosting is spreadable and sweet.
- We like Earth Balance Buttery Sticks here.
- Blend until smooth. 1/4 cup strawberry puree (1/2 cup or 80 grams of fresh, halved strawberries as written in the recipe.
- Organic powdered sugar, 3 1/2 to 4 cups
- Use an electric mixer and beat the vegan butter until it is fluffy, about one minute. Add the strawberry puree and continue to beat until it is fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar (28g) each time. (Sifting helps reduce clumps. Mix at low speed until the 1/4 cup of powdered sugar is well combined and thick but still spreadable. The sweet spot was 3 1/2 cups (392g).
- Spread frosting over a fully-cooled Strawberry, Vanilla, or Chocolate Cake, and enjoy! Frosting can be used immediately or stored in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to one month.