Humans are always in need of extra energy. It doesn’t matter if you want to get a boost of power in the morning, fight off that afternoon slump or push through a difficult task or workout.
Energy drinks purchased in stores are notorious for being harmful to the body. They tend to contain a lot of sugar and caffeine and have several artificial chemicals which can cause anxiety, an increase in blood pressure and heart rate.
You can now make healthier energy drinks at home. Homemade energy drinks are not only healthy, but they also provide the body with the energy boost that it needs. This is something you can only get from some store-bought drinks. Green Tea, fruits, or vegetables can be used to make healthy energy drinks. The key is using clean, natural ingredients.
Look at healthy homemade energy beverages instead of your usual cup of coffee or sports drink from the store.
Homemade Healthy Energy Drinks
Cold Brewed Iced Green tea
Let’s begin with something simple. Nothing is more accessible, refreshing, or better than a jug of cold-brewed green Tea for those hot summer afternoon slumps. Add a few fresh mint leaves to give it more flavor and energy.
This refreshing drink is perfect for pre-workouts, post-workouts, mornings, and hot afternoons.
- Two cups of water
- Ice: 1 1/2 cups
- Green Tea Loose 1 Tablespoon
- Three springs of mint leaves
- Sweeten with honey or syrup (optional).
- Fill a pitcher with iced water or cool to room temperature. It is best to use bottled or filtered water for a better-tasting tea.
- Pour the loose green Tea into the pitcher or jug with water.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Pour the Tea into a large cup with lots of ice and mint leaves.
- Pour sweetening, honey, or sugar to taste in the cup before pouring Tea, and stir well before drinking.
The recipe yields two cups of regular-sized Iced Tea. If you want to make more than that, simply double or triple the ingredients, depending on how much you need. It is important to be moderate, as cold-brewed green Tea will only stay fresh for four days in the fridge.
Turmeric Ginger Energy Shots
These four-ingredient shots containing turmeric, ginger, and lemon will boost your energy and immune system. They also improve digestion and blood circulation.
These shots will not only improve your energy but also your health. These energy shots contain turmeric and ginger as their main ingredients. Both are anti-inflammatory and relieve symptoms of colds and flu. Ginger is known to help with indigestion. This is why starting your day with this healthy cocktail will do wonders for your immune system.
- Turmeric 120 grams
- Ginger, 140 grams
- Lemon juice or two large lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Use a spoon to peel the turmeric and ginger, then put them into a bowl. Note: Turmeric can stain easily, so gloves are recommended when handling.
- Pour the lemon into the bowl with the ginger and the turmeric.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth in your food processor or blender. If your mixture is too thick, add more lemon or water to thin it out.
- Pour the mixture carefully into a nut-milk bag on top of a bowl.
- Fresh turmeric ginger-lemon liquid is ready to be squeezed out.
- Store the juice in a glass bottle, preferably a tiny 50 ml vial that can be used to measure daily doses.
- The juice should be consumed within 7-10 days of being refrigerated.
- Pour a longer shelf-life, and pour the juice into ice cube trays. Freeze them for six months.
Apple Cider Vinegar Energy Drink
- Apple cider vinegar has many health benefits. It gives your body an energy boost you won’t find in any other natural component. Combined with ginger, it becomes an even more potent potion to help eliminate toxins and improve digestion and circulation.
- Add some honey or spices like cinnamon to overcome the bitter taste of apple cider vinegar.
- Warm or hot water in a glass
- Apple cider vinegar two tablespoons
- Lemon juice, two tablespoons
- Ground ginger, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cayenne pepper, one pinch
- Honey 1 teaspoon
- Mix all ingredients.
- You can choose the temperature that suits you best.
- Get a boost of pure, clean energy.